Michael J. Folise’s practice emphasizes patent, trademark, and copyright matters including electrical, electro-mechanical fields, and related litigation. Mr. Folise received a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Applied Physics from Case Institute of Technology and a J.D. from Case Western Reserve University. Prior to joining LOWE GRAHAM JONES PLLC, he prosecuted patents and counseled clients for almost twenty years at Seed Intellectual Property Group and Richardson & Folise, gaining extensive experience exclusively in Intellectual Property law. He is a published author, The Inventor’s Handbook (1993), and an accomplished speaker. He was voted Best of CLE Speakers in 1993, 1998 and 2000 by the Washington State Bar Association. He is a member of the state bars of Washington, Ohio, and is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th and Federal Circuits. Mr. Folise is a certified mediator under Local Civil Rule 39.1 and has served as an expert witness in a variety of patent cases. He is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Folise’s associations include the Washington and Ohio State Bar Associations, the Federal Bar Association and the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University
- B.S., Electrical Engineering and Applied Physics, Case Institute of Technology
- U.S. Court Of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts: Western and Eastern Districts Of Washington
- All Washington State Courts
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Washington State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Eclipse Associates Ltd. v. Data General Corp., 894 F.2d 1114 (Fed. Cir. 1989)
- Marley Moldings Ltd. v. Mikron Industries, Inc., 282 F. Supp.2d 847 (N.D. Ill.
2003), Summ. J. rev’d, 417 F.3d 1356 (Fed. Cir. 2005)
- In re Igelmund, Serial No. 74/326,631 (TTAB 1995)