Mark Lorbiecki is a registered patent attorney and focuses his practice on patents, trademarks, copyrights, and related litigation. Mark has wanted to be a Patent Attorney since the age of fourteen when he read an article in Boys’ Life relating a day in the life of an Eagle Scout. This Eagle Scout had become a Patent Attorney for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The description of the day on the interstices between law and technology was breathtaking.
After receiving his baccalaureate from the then-College of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Minnesota, Mark sought experience in litigation. On advice from a mentor, he pursued the daily trial practice available to advocates in the military courts. Mark became a Navy JAG trying cases before Courts Martial in diverse and interesting venues such as the wardroom of the USS Enterprise off of Qatar, the American Embassy in Manila, Treasure Island in San Francisco Bay and at the Naval Amphibious Base, Coronado where the Basic Underwater Demolition School is located.
Mark has been thirty years practicing in Seattle and has been a partner with Lowe Graham Jones since months after its formation. He is a bit of an anomaly in that he both practices in patent, trademark, and copyright procurement and in the litigation of those same rights.
Mark is an adjunct Professor of Law at Gonzaga University where he also serves on its Board of Advisors. Mark has been the president of the Washington State Patent Law Association and the Chair of the Washington State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section. Mark has also taught at the University of Washington, North Seattle College and at the St. Thomas University. Mark is a regular lecturer at CLEs for the Washington State Bar Intellectual Property Section and has received superb evaluations in that role and has also served as the Patent and Intellectual Property columnist for the American Electronics Association. Mark has been a Super Lawyer since 2010. Mark Lorbiecki holds a commission as a Kentucky, Colonel bestowed by its governor, the Honorable Steven L. Beshear.
- J.D., University of Minnesota
- B.S., Mathematics, Saint Thomas University
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts: Western Districts Of Washington
- U.S. District Courts: Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- All Washington State Courts
- Various Admissions Pro Hac Vice
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Patent Lawyers Association; President, 2004-Present.
- San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association
- Patent and Trademark Office Society
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Adjunct Professor,North Seattle Community College, International Trade Institute, Seattle, Washington, 1992-1995
- Immigration Law
- Import and Export Regulation
- Intellectual Property Protection
- License and Franchise Law
- International Dispute Resolution.
- Guest Lecturer,University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 2001-2003 Intellectual Property Management (Professors Gerald Barnett and Dan Woo).“Intellectual Property for the Rest of Us.”, CLE Chair for WSBA program
- CLE Lecturer, including selection for “WSBA’s Best of CLE 2003”
- West Seattle Rotary Club; Club Service Chair, 1999-2000
- Member, House Committee, The Rainier Club
- Member, Board of Advisors, Gonzaga University School of Law
- Super Lawyer®, Washington Law & Politics Magazine, 2011-Present