Kevin E. Regan is a registered patent attorney with a broad range of legal and regulatory experience in the private, non-profit, and government sectors. His current practice includes litigation, trademark registration and disputes, and other legal issues. Kevin is especially dedicated to assisting the growth and development of the craft alcoholic beverage industry. He frequently assists wineries, wine-grape growers, breweries, cideries, distilleries, and associated businesses across the country with their trademark protection needs.
Previously, Kevin clerked for two years for U.S. District Judge José E. Martinez in the Southern District of Florida and assisted with a wide range of cases. Kevin was also a Trial Attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., in the Environment and Natural Resources Division.
Kevin has a background in environmental science and biology, and he participated in several National Science Foundation research programs. He is also a visual and multimedia artist.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, with honors
- B.S., Environmental Science, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts: Western District of Washington, Northern and Central Districts of California
- All Washington, Oregon, and California State Courts
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Washington Association of Wine Grape Growers
- Seattle Intellectual Property American Inn of Court (part of the “Judge Linn Alliance” of specialty IP Inns of Court)
- Trademark Protection and American Viticulture Area Issues, Sonoma State Wine M.B.A. Program, Rohnert Park, CA (2018)
- Trademark Protection for Wineries, Enology & Viticulture Program, Walla Walla Community College, Walla Walla, WA (2017, 2018)
- Trademark Protection and Labeling Issues for Wineries, Wine Studies Program, South Seattle College, Seattle, WA (2017)
- Intellectual Property Protection for the Cannabis Industry, The Seminar Group, Seattle, WA CLE (2014)
- Cannabis Business Transactions—Law Seminars International, Portland, OR CLE (2014)